Functions of the Bahawalpur Chamber of Commerce & Industry
The broad objective of the Bahawalpur Chamber of Commerce & Industry is to represent and safeguard the interests of its members.
Locally and abroad by promoting their activities for the good of the south Punjab economy. This is attained through the following functions:
1. Promoting the national economy by encouraging the production and export of diversified portfolio of commodities.
2. Seeking wider markets for goods and services produced in south Punjab by organizing and participating in trade fairs within the country and abroad.
3. Providing a forum for the business community and the government to exchange views on matters concerning the development of national economy as well as development of new laws related to trade.
4. Promotion of good business practices and provision of best possible services to its members on a sustainable basis.
5. Collaborate with other international chambers of commerce and other organizations and bodies as a way of fostering mutual beneficial relationship and networks. 6. Serving as a resource center for members by collecting, compiling and disseminating statistical data and other information pertaining to trade, commerce, industry, agriculture, fishery and livestock.
7. Collaborating with other stakeholders to research on problems confronting trade in particular and the national economy in general to find solutions for sustainable growth in trade.
The Bahawalpur chamber of commerce & Industry has constantly strived to provide various services to its members to enable them better carry out their activities. The services include:
1. Offering services, general assistance on trade and investment as well as business opportunities.
2. Providing library services with a range of trade documents and foreign business directories.
3. Arranging and hosting different training courses, seminars and workshops of interest to the members of the chamber and the business community as well as for the chamber staff.
4. Defending the interest and the rights of the chamber members and presenting their concerns and opinions to the appropriate authorities.
Collection and dissemination of information on business trends both inside and outside the country.
5. Issuing of export documentation such as Certificate of Origin.
6. Attesting signatures, commercial invoices and other relevant documents.
Mediating and solving commercial disputes through arbitration amongst its members or between local and foreign businesses.
7. Proposing the enactment of laws, regulations and procedures that encourage foreign investment and enhancing the overall economic well-being.