The Annual Elections of the Chamber are held before 30th September.
1. The Secretary General shall displays Election Schedule on Notice Board of the Bahawalpur Chamber of Commerce & Industry, its Website and submit a copy to Director General Trade Organization.
2. The member concerned of the Chamber desiring to change his/her representative, shall intimate in writing regarding the changes, to the Secretary General along with necessary proof.
3. The Secretary General shall display the list of all members eligible to vote along with their National Tax Registration Number, Sales Tax if applicable & CNIC No.
4. The members who have any objection to the entries/changes in the list of voter shall send their objections in writing to the Secretary General.
5. The Secretary General will intimate action on the objection of changes sent by members.
6. Any member aggrieved by the decision of the Secretary General, taken in the relevant clause, may make a representation to the Election Commission.
7. The commission will decide the representation(s).
8. Any person aggrieved by the decision of the Commission or where the Commission fails to decide the representation within the stipulated time mentioned in the preceding clause may appeal to the Director General, and decision of the Director General in this regard shall be final.
9. Director General Trade Organization at Islamabad will decide the appeal.
10. The final list of voters shall be displayed at official Notice Board and at website of the Chamber and shall also be submitted to the Director General Trade Organization.
11. Any person who is eligible to contest the Election for the vacant posts of the Member Executive Committee shall send his nomination papers duly proposed and seconded by a duly registered voter and signed by the candidate, to the Secretary General on the prescribed form in accordance with the Articles of Association or Rules of the Chamber. In the same manner women entrepreneurs desiring to contest the election for the reserved seats in the Executive Committee for women will submit nomination papers.
12. The Secretary General shall provide a copy of final list of voters to each contesting candidate. Except, the candidates of the women seats as their electoral college is Executive Committee.
13. Scrutiny of the nomination papers of Corporate and Associate Members & women entrepreneur.
14. Circulation of the list of nominees, by the Secretary General, whose papers have been declared valid.
15. The objection, if any, to the nomination of candidates can be filed to the election Commission. This clause ipso facto applies to the nominees of the women seats. Filing of objections for the candidate of the same seat and for the same class.
16. The Election Commission will decide the objections filed. This clause ipso facto applies to the nominees of the women seats.
17. Any candidate, aggrieved by the decision of the Election Commission, taken under relevant clause, where the Commission fails to decide within the time stipulated in the clause may file an appeal to the Director General. This clause ipso facto applies to the nominees of the women seats.
18. The Director General Trade Organizations, Islamabad shall decide the appeal, preferred, if any, under the relevant clause. This clause ipso facto applies to the nominees of the women seats.
19. The Secretary General will receive the withdrawal Forms from the nominees duly completed by the nominees who want to withdraw from the Election. This clause ipso facto applies to the nominees of the women seats.
20. The Commission will issue final list of candidates.
21. The polling at the registered office of the Chamber, for Corporate Members and Associate Members. Counting of votes shall take place immediately after the polling hours under the supervision of the polling officer in the presence of the polling agents of the Candidates, if any, at the designated site.
22. Provisional results shall be declared by the Election Commission.
23. Any person elected, as member of Executive Committee shall send his nomination for election as an office bearer duly proposed and seconded by an elected Executive Committee member and signed by the candidate to the election commission.
24. Scrutiny of the nomination papers for the election of office bearers by the Commission and display List of Candidates.
25. Polling for the election of office bearers.
26. The announcement of election results within the meaning of Section 14(2) (f) (iii) of the Trade Organizations Ordinance shall be made in General Meeting of the Chamber called for this purpose.
1) For the purpose of this schedule “Day” means working hours of the Chamber on that day unless otherwise stated.
2) If any day on which act scheduled to be performed under the election schedule falls on a holiday, such act shall be performed on the day next following the holiday(s)
Polling hours will be from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. (Time can be extended at the discretion of Election Commission)
Schedule Election 2016-2017